- Every contest has guidelines and a deadline, which gives your child a specific goal to work toward.
- The process of creating the artwork itself builds self-confidence, as the child goes from an “I can’t draw” mindset to one of “I can enter this contest — and I might win. ”
- The art children enter should be their best work (it doesn’t matter the skill level), teaching them that no matter what they do, they should do it well.
- If they win, there’s the fun of the reward and learning to be a gracious winner.
- If they don’t win, there’s the practice of dealing with disappointment and being a good sport.
Win or lose, when your child creates a piece of art and enters it in a contest, they have tried, which is the first step to success.
Love, the Douceur Soft Team